Damn! It was a real disappointment. I'm serious. Typhoon Chanchu was slated to be heading towards Hong Kong from The Philippines after killing 41 last weekend but it veered its course to Guangzhou, China early this week.
Now, you must be wondering if I've gone bananas. You see, when the typhoon signal is hoisted, everybody (in HK) hopes and even prays for T8 signal. When T8 is hoisted, everything comes to a standstill. Of course, that'll also mean I get the day off work. Hah! Now, you see why I've been praying so hard for T8 on Tuesday? Of course, there are some people who didn't have to go to school on Wednesday - the kinders and special ed students. You can imagine the envious look on my face when only a T3 signal was hoisted on Wednesday, the day it was postulated to have hit HK big time.
*Praying for the next typhoon*
No comments:
Post a Comment