It was World Aids Day last Friday. So, what has it gotta do with me, you ask? Nothing...except that I'm perturbed by the escalating numbers and the changing trend of infected people to normal people like you and I. So, what has it gotta do with me? Nothing...except that I can't figure out what it is in people who don't cherish what they have.
This thing about infidelity - I can never understand it and it's not that I need to. But I just don't get it. Why do people cheat and waste a whole lifetime of happiness, especially when bad luck befalls and HIV comes knocking? Or is the one-woman man, vice versa, a fallacy?
Cynically, a friend once mentioned that it's probably Mother Nature's way of solving overcrowding in some places. Equally tragically, we get the most terrible natural disasters in one of the poorest parts in the world and tens of thousands succumb to it.
Okay, let's come back to AIDS. Then, it triggered another question. Do those people ever regret doing what they did that led them to this?
No comments:
Post a Comment