3000km - that's how far I am away from home. Sure, the shoe box I'm living in is where I call home in Hong Kong. But home is not a physical space per se; it is a feeling. For the longest time, I'd wanted to move out of the service apartment I was staying in because it didn't feel like home.
12 degree celcius - that's how cold each night is and it'll continue to fall. Sure, the heater I'm using keeps me warm. But warmth is not just hot air being blown out from an electrical appliance. What keeps me warm on a cold winter's night is a phonecall 3000km away and of course, friends' company.
Previously, M once told me that when a friend leaves for home from a holiday, the other who has to stay behind will feel sad and at times, it may take a couple of days to get over. Sure, I believe this to a certain extent but little did I know that it will hit me hard too. Each time someone leaves for home, I can't help but cry. Tomorrow, my best friend is returning home after a 10-day visit and despite the fact that he gets on my nerves constantly, I think I'll even miss kicking his shoes to a corner so that it doesn't block the door.
Cold winter's night, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment