27. That's how long I've had my teddy bear. It doesn't have any special name, just 狗熊, which literally means teddy bear. It wasn't even supposed to be mine. Although I was only 2 years old then, I remembered it being my sister's birthday and I was crying, because I wanted something too, hence I got 狗熊. 27 years...this teddy has been with me through my pre-school years to my teenage years to adulthood till now - he knew who I had my first crush on, what I was feeling every night when I hug him to sleep at night, how he was the only comforting element in my life when things went wrong, how I cried under my blanket at night, how I sniffled into him, how my tears fell on his body...
Sadly, at times when I didn't need him, I allowed him to fall under my bed without being noticed for days or simply cast aside while I slept. How lonely and abandoned he must have felt, despite being cotton wool and all. And I was thinking, if he'd ever have a chance to come to life, what would he say to me? And I don't remember telling my precious cotton wool that I love him once. But I do...
Sadly, at times when I didn't need him, I allowed him to fall under my bed without being noticed for days or simply cast aside while I slept. How lonely and abandoned he must have felt, despite being cotton wool and all. And I was thinking, if he'd ever have a chance to come to life, what would he say to me? And I don't remember telling my precious cotton wool that I love him once. But I do...
No comments:
Post a Comment