For the past couple of days, this simple MSN shoutout of mine (which is by no means any credit of mine coz I first heard it from Pastor Gabriel) has caused a bit of stir among friends whom I've met online. I should be happy, but no, instead, it got me thinking of something more.
You see, the responses to my shoutout, just to list a few, include:"New boyfriend?", "Who says he loves you?", "Eh, who you love har?" and the like, and they never fail to end with a "hahaha..." afterwards.
So, why does the world equate love to romance exclusively? Do you only say "I love you" to somebody whom you're romantically associated with? What about the rest of the world who's waiting for you to tell them exactly that too? Why this myopic scope of what L.O.V.E is? Of course, having asked that, I'm not really sure if I even know if there's a greater notion of love at all.
And seriously, no offence, but what's so funny??? If you really want to know out of genuine curiosity, ask me nicely and I'll be more than glad to share my thoughts with you.
But if there's one thing I'm certain of, I know I love Jesus too, for he first loved me. And I know there are people out there who really love me. Unfortunately, Jo being Jo, sometimes, she takes things for granted, while other times, she's preoccupied with the other things in life that she forgets totally.
So its that simple, I love You too...just in case you love me, you know? *WINK*
No comments:
Post a Comment