Wednesday, 26 September 2007

Evanescence

It was a beautiful Tuesday afternoon. She was going through her routine when she received an MSN message.

“Hi. How has your day been so far?”

“Great. And yours?”

“Busy with work. How are you?”

“I’m good. And you?”

“I’m good too, but a little sad, because I’ve been thinking of something.”

“Oh dear. Did something happen? Do you want to talk about it?”

It was Tuesday evening when she made the decision, a decision that led to a roller-coaster ride of hopes and let downs. Secretly, she wondered how it was all going to work across 8000km, but it was something she knew she had to do to find out for herself, once and for all. It had been all too long and about time she gave the chapter an ending.

He was, is, The Transient Man - the one who comes and goes like the wind, the one with the ability to stir up a storm of mixed emotions within a day, the one who left her shattered once too many, the one whom she couldn’t say no to.

*****

It was yet another Tuesday afternoon. She was going through her routine when she received an MSN message.

“If only...it’s simple.”

Enough said.

*****

Late in the night, she looked out of her window while the city was asleep, a tear trickled down her cheek as the CD played softly in the quiet house.

“...I wish that time could be replayed, I’d keep you here with me every day. They say that love is letting go, I hope that you find you way, ‘cause I don’t know where your journey goes or how long it will take to unfold...”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm...wats this about ah?
kk

Anonymous said...

sounds chim... wonder what's the decision and everything and anything?!?!?

ew