Oops…I think I probably pissed pals S&M (oops...no pun intended, really!) off for leaving early (at 11.30pm, no less) at a dinner-cum-drinks session just now. Being somebody who totally enjoys her nights out, what’s my excuse, you ask?
You see, I wasn’t exactly comfortable with the new people (although there were only 3) I met just after dinner and well, it takes time for me to even want to hang out with my acquaintances-turned-friends, and now what? To drink and be merry with you (whom I’ve met barely 5 minutes ago)? I’m sorry but that’s not how things work in my world – chilling out is something I do with my friends, people whom I love, absolutely trust and have no inhibitions with. It takes time, lots of it for that matter, for you to even know who Jo really is, let alone witness her dance on the table and sing out of tune after a drink or two. It’s nothing personal really; it's just not my cup of tea, no, beer...argh...whatever...
So, I got to leave early after finishing half a pint. However, I think I’d won the battle but lost the war.
No comments:
Post a Comment