Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Please stand behind the yellow line?

Most of us grew up with the public announcement that reminds commuters some 30 seconds before the train arrives at the MRT (the Singaporean term for subway) station to keep a safe distance from the tracks. Upon hearing that announcement one day, I looked at my sis and I parroted the announcement. My sis looked at me, nodded her head and jumped to stand behind the yellow line, as of any law-abiding citizen would, on the side next to the tracks before declaring, ”I’m behind the yellow line!” Darn right, she was behind the yellow line, but I think we probably had been tsk-ed by the rest on the platform for misbehaving. She is 26 and I, 29.

Well, it’s a matter of perspective, isn’t it?

Is life a bitch or a beach? Is your plate half full or half empty? Do you ask why or why not?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont know wat you mean lah