So, the truth hurts? Too bad, right? Well, not if you can help it. I learned something today - feel it but (choose) not to act on it; communicate it so that you will be understood. I'm violent and I would like to blame my genes for that (*LOL*) - many a times, I wished I could have hurled a punch at the enemy's face, especially when I feel pissed off.
Some people, on the other hand, deal with it with sarcasm and they say the nastiest of things (oops...guilty!) but of course, they'll usually regret almost immediately. Alas! The damage is done. A minority would C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-E, though in the most extreme case, some would 'trash it out' by screaming and pulling each other's hair out.
Misunderstandings happen when people don't say what they feel and/ or they don't listen to what others are saying by assuming and jumping the gun or simply by not paying attention.
For what it's worth, I think it does help to edit yourself especially if it's going to be something unpleasant or try not to say "nothing" the next time you're asked to repeat something you've said barely 5 seconds ago or try hard to pay attention and really listen. And of course, the (right) tone.
No comments:
Post a Comment