"In a self-centered world where we are conditioned to look out for our own interests above and beyond all else, such kindness was unexpected." - the sentence that had me lingering for more than a moment this morning as I was reading my daily dose of Our Daily Bread. The context, a stranger's kindness.
Kindness. Somehow, I was reminded of a conversation I overheard (no, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but with them speaking at 100 decibels just beside me, I can't help it, can I?) at Macs over breakfast yesterday which left me perturbed and cynical of human relationships in our world today. In a nutshell, 3 teenage girls spent a good part of their breakfast time dissing a classmate's text message over her usage of the present tense and past tense, but that was after bitching on this other girl whom they were earlier was all nice and sugary about why she hadn't turn up for dance class on Friday evening. Honestly, I was appalled at the complete change in attitude in less than 2 minutes. And I can't help but wonder why the friendship can't be genuine. Yes, I must admit the teenage years is one of the toughest time in life where identity and acceptance can drive a teen to dire actions, but still...
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato
To me, that was truly unkind. Of course, the two girls who had been involuntarily served on the dining table probably don't know that this is happening and that in itself should be okay. After all, ignorance is bliss, isn't it? But, where is the love? I'm not sure if the girls noticed me squriming in my seat, so quick in wanting to share my penny's worth on the greater love, but I didn't. What business is it of the eavesdropper anyway? *LOL*
In its little (sometimes twisted) ways, life's lessons never fail to show me how the world is and how Jesus is different. He loved me before I even knew Him and He will never never let me down. And all these unconditionally. And timely too...just when my faith was faltering and my courage taken to hiding, I was reassured of His love for me. And I am not afraid anymore for I know He will take care of my giants. Thank you, Jesus.
2 comments:
hey Miss yeow! are you back in sg? if u are, i think we've got to meet up agn! :) hope everything's fine yea. God bless!
Sure! Let's meet for coffee, Kaiqing. Just buzz me at my my old number. God bless you too!
Post a Comment