Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Journey to the West

Somehow, NUS felt different today. Perhaps it was the rain, I don't know, but I sure didn't feel a sense of belonging there. It shouldn't come as any surprise, after all, it was the year 2000 when I'd graduated, and I haven't actually been back since, not until my sis' graduation a few years later. So I found myself on 96 after so many years because I needed to get another transcript. And I had no idea it was S$10.70; I'd always thought that it was $7 or less!

So you can imagine my amazement when the lady at the Foundations Office at NIE told me that my NIE transcript would cost me S$5.25 (that's half of what the NUS one costs me). The only logical explanation I can speculate is, erm...perhaps land in Clementi is [a lot] higher than Boon Lay's? And it was totally corny to bump into Susan and Hui Gyan (Wow, HG gave me a real great big bear hug and I just felt so loved!) when I was searching for the ladies!


PS: Dear Mr Umbrella, though you threatened to faint from being syncope-d so many times, I just want you to know I'm really grateful for the shelter, the jokes, the Sprite (which you refused to buy initially coz it's unhealthy) and the fruit platter (which you insisted on getting), the coffee, the dinner and of course, your company.

No comments: