Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Drama queens

I believe to a certain extent that we're all drama queens in our own right. I'm not sure about you but I have been one once or twice (okay, more). So running (very) late this morning, I came up with this - "I think my fingers are going to be fractured from the crossing coz I'm so not going to make it on time...the vehicles on this road are C-R-A-W-L-I-N-G!" And I wasn't exactly lying because traffic was quite heavy and the vehicles were moving at snail speed, but I wasn't crossing my fingers, no, I was admiring how blue the sky was.

I've figured that somehow, the use of hyperbole does help abate the wrath of the other person(s) in question. It doesn't make any logical sense, but we usually get less angry when one inflates the severity of the situation a little. No? Well, then perhaps I'm just plain lucky that my friends love me so much to overlook my little white lies.


No comments: