Monday, 12 May 2008

For better or for worse

Late-night conversations over the telephone are little indulgences I recently found myself engaging in. Hardly a phone person, these days though, I could talk on the phone for hours about everything under the sun, erm...moon. And my longest yak ever? 3 hours, but who's counting? Of course, these little indulgences are infrequent too, for if done too regularly, becomes a routine and consequently, a repetitive bore.

And it's astounding how much I get to know myself - "Oh, hello me! Nice to meet me." - when my friend tells me things about me. Many a times, we say tactless or mean things which is second nature to us and we may not even realise it: "You mean I said that? That's so terrible." But I always always do it (or so I've been told, erm...off) and feigning ignorance has not gotten me off the hook yet. *LOL*

But because there's a reason for everything, my shortcomings of being highly antagonistic, argumentative, critical, unforgiving and naggy made me really thankful for the wonderful people in my life because anyone with such a deadly character listing would have been axed from any list a long time ago.

Of course, I also get to know more about my friend (whoever it may be) and be reminded why the both of us became friends in the first place, and consequently, all the more I am thankful for this person - a God-sent, literally, in my life.

And at the end of the day, whether it is forgoing watching the EPL (but comments non-stop about it) or staying up till 1am (but sends hate-sms the next morning from work), the thought of last night's or last month's phone conversation never fails to send a chuckle to my heart.


No comments: