Sacrifice. It's strange how a documentary trailer on sportsmen on telly can stir me up from my sleepiness this evening. Despite watching it only an hour ago, somehow I just can't recall the exact sentence now but it seemed like this: "... and the sacrifices they had to make..."
And stir it sure did for almost instantly, I found myself wondering if it were possible to gain something without having to forgo another. The same way sacrifices have been made in the name of dreams or desire by these sportsmen who dream of a gold medal in the Olympic Games, I couldn't help but wonder if victory would still be as sweet without the like of having to part with something they hold equally dear, be it years spent training away from home or putting life's events on hold despite knowing that the moment is gone forever. Why do people value something when it is seemingly hard-earned, when they have to choose one over the other?
Stop.
Am I like that too?
No comments:
Post a Comment