The law of attraction. As life's events unfold, I find myself increasingly convinced of this secular theory. Getting two Ps in a row has done nothing but shaken my confidence more than a little; in fact, I'm not sure anymore. But it's strange that I almost knew it would happen, or perhaps this is what the lay person assumes as the so overused self-fulling prophecy.
The funny thing is, if everything has its place, I'm then beginning to wonder if it were all but a mirage, that is until now. Of course, I can simply dismiss it as the by now non-existent confidence speaking, but I can't seem to convince myself, not yet anyway. It sure is not the end of the world to get a bad grade, or two, but the pressing question is, why can't the good days be more permanent?
A more objective reasoning my friend gave - "Well, it's a learning curve..." - made absolute sense because afterall, I can't deny that I'm still learning the mastery.

At the end of the day, I have to admit that although the first P did bring on shock and a tear or two, it did cushion me from the impact of the second one. And while I fight against falling into believing a resigned fate of bad grades, I can't help but wonder why my tangible reminder of strength has chosen this crucial time to break.
A more objective reasoning my friend gave - "Well, it's a learning curve..." - made absolute sense because afterall, I can't deny that I'm still learning the mastery.

At the end of the day, I have to admit that although the first P did bring on shock and a tear or two, it did cushion me from the impact of the second one. And while I fight against falling into believing a resigned fate of bad grades, I can't help but wonder why my tangible reminder of strength has chosen this crucial time to break.
2 comments:
the law of attraction isn't necessary secular.
one can't deny the phenomenal power of our mental strength, thoughts and faith...becos it is exactly our mind that determines, extract, deciphers... not only producing but oso giving a meaning to whatever we do.
having said that, i am certain that somewhere somedate in ODB does give its muse on "having a bad day"... and our faith will be renewed again...
in the meantime, to the lay, it cld simply be able to cherish more of the success when one is learned of failure...
What I'm saying is, the theory is a secular conception. I'm not refuting the possibility of the power of mental strength and thoughts, but it sure isn't faith. And by faith, I refer to the church as a collective reference.
What I'm saying is, it's hard not to fall into the negativism trap when the tangible proof is convincing and real, for that matter.
What I didn't say is, the measure of success and failure is relative, and subjected to the person who imposes a value on it.
Post a Comment