There are days I find extremely hard to pen down my myriad of thoughts into words. Today is one of those days.
And so it seemed I was wrong. I'd always believed that things would change for the better with the right people. But little did I know that they had felt trapped because many directives are top-down. And they, they are mere puppets too.
And then it seemed I was wrong again. I'd always thought that academics are beyond the rat race. But no, they are participants. Perhaps unwillingly, but yes, they are in the race. And perhaps too, compelled to run faster than the rest.
And it's so wrong, I thought as I hear of how a certain group of young offenders are sent to prison because the society does not have a place for them. And the saddest truth? There cannot be more than 13 educators to attend to this group of people. But why only 13, I'd asked, and the response - "Because they would rather invest in the people who can contribute to the society", accompanied by a ludicrous look that read - why even ask; isn't it obvious?
And as I sit at dinner conversations revolving apartment hunting, raising children or gossips about people I once knew, I couldn't help but wonder how much more time I'll have before I buckle under the reality of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment