Friday, 1 January 2010

Here's looking at you, babe...

The end of a year...so fast that not even time flies adequately expounds my life in 2009.  The somewhat roller-coaster ride of a year was not for the faint-hearted, but recounting them now on print, well, actually non-print here (oops, okay, no technicalities) makes me wonder if I'd made the same blunder Calvin (yes, yes, Bill Watterson's Calvin) and I abhorred, that we're so busy watching out what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.  Well, I guess not...

2009.  I remember crying when I was awarded a pass for an essay for the first time in Usyd, but it also taught me to be resilient and to keep my eyes on the process.  My CG, my pillar of support in Sydney, whom I am now missing terribly showed me what friends can and are willing to do for each other.  My noisy neighbours - Ms Midnight-Mahjong and Ms Blast-That-Stereo...yes, they've heightened my awareness of cultural differences and the importance to put others before self.  In a nutshell, this was the year that reinforced the notions that respect is earned; that it only takes a split second to wipe out trust painstakingly built over the years; that people say things they do not mean; and that savings do run out (Hah, okay, this, I knew long ago).  And I couldn't help but wonder what's installed for me in 2010.

Although I do not have the ticket to the sneak preview of my year ahead, there's one promise I'm totally sure of, that the Lord will never leave me nor forsake me.  Have a blessed 2010!