Friday, 23 March 2007

I thank God for you

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." - Elizabeth Foley

Have you ever had a friend who knows what you're thinking of without you having to say a word; a friend who understands what you're going through even though the both of you are in different environments? I do. This is one friend whom I've not met for a long, long time, but I know she'll always be there for me. I know I am in her prayers everyday and she wants nothing but the best for me. Although we have our [distinct, I must say] differences, and sometimes, I feel like strangling her [haa...], I thank God for her unconditional friendship. In contrast, I've not been a good friend at all - I "disappear" [to HK, i.e.], I don't call often and I forget her birthday (every year without fail)!

What touches me the most is her birthday message this year. Although I was already asleep when the sms came, it didn't fail to trigger a tear - "Dear jo, on this special day that u were birthed, i pray that u will experience e love of God e Father that is greater far than time or pen can ever tell. I pray that u experience His love in ways that yr earthly father has not provided. May this love that goes beyond e highest star and reaches to e lowest depth be yr presence today. Love, pris" - sent 18 March 2007, 12:15:14am.

No comments: