"You are a part-time Singaporean." my best friend said. Funny that this notion has never crossed my mind, until it was spoken out loud. Oh yes, I'm a part-time Singaporean and I make up the some 10% Singaporeans who live overseas. Over the Lunar New Year break last month, I had the opportunity of an 11-day break and I must admit that some things do look slightly different from the last time I saw them. Clarke Quay was magnificent (my, the clubs are so happening!), Sentosa was fun (have you been there yet?), and chai-tao-kueh tasted so good! The sun was great, though not for long before I complained about the heat. You can't imagine how wonderful it was to hear Singlish, although too much broken English did made me squirm.
Anyway, part-time or full-time, I guess the most important thing is to know what is closest to your heart. Don't you think so?
No comments:
Post a Comment