A week ago, G asked this question: To your married spouse, if there is no love, there must be responsibility. Do you agree?
Many friends responded with a definitive yes, but I'm not so sure myself. If there is no love, what then is left? Confused, I looked up the dictionary and found this explanation: responsibilty - the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force. Social force? So it comes down to expectation again? In the dictionary, expectation is anticipating with confidence of [the] fulfillment [of something].
How does it begin and where does it end? Now, I'm even more confused.
2 comments:
test the responsibility and you will find if there is still love left... simple.
1 Cor 13: 7, 8a 'It (Love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.'
Thus if love cannot be responsible nor committed, it is merely passion. You can also say that it was self-seeking. 1 Cor 13: 5 'It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs'
Post a Comment