Sunday, 9 December 2007

What's in your soup?


Do you like shark's fin soup? Do you know how it taste like without the Ajinomoto to give it flavour? Socially perceived as dangerous marine animals, many adopt a tit-for-tat attitude on man's killing of sharks for their fins. But do you know that out of the thousands who are attacked by sharks a year, 10 persons actually die? In comparison, over ten million are killed to be served on our [Asian] tables. How fair is that?

I've been laughed at countless times over the last 3 years for being silly and not knowing how to enjoy this "delicacy" - these sharks have been killed anyway, I've been told - but I just can't make myself eat it anymore. Can you save the sharks too?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/06/0603_020603_shark1.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder i don't see no sharks when i go diving anymore... but everyone knew that long while ago.