When Ricky passed away suddenly last month, who would have known that his life would end so prematurely and unexpectedly. He was only 20. Memories of Mr Chatterbox in the classroom remain a blur to me but his demise sent my world into a swirl of uncertainty. Strangely, I recall how Mr Ng Kim Teck would tell all his Geog students...erm, that's me and my classmates in 2A5...to (quote and unquote) "study like there is no tomorrow" lest we regret our actions the next day. And how everybody's affirming and reaffirming the age-old cliche on how we should live life to the fullest...yadda yadda yadda...
Not too long ago, P posed me a hypothetical question: What would I feel if I were to find out I can't have babies? My response surprised me - childbearing is a privilege, not a right and I'll definitely be very sad and if I say it's okay, I'll be lying. The same way we take many things in life as our birthright, I think it's about time we give thanks for these things in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment