Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Oh, sugars!

On the train to Baby K's party earlier this afternoon, I felt a tap on my shoulder while minding my own business. At first, I thought it was a friend, but what I saw when I turned around was a strange-looking face - a woman in her 40s signalling to an empty seat and nodding earnestly at me. Baffled, I find myself literally going "what the...?" You see, yours truly wasn't the only one standing in the crowded cabin so why in the world would I deserve the empty seat more than someone else, unless...


(a) I don maternity garb (???).

(b) My fat tummy resembles a baby in gestation (OMG!).

(c) That lady's in REAL need of glasses!


Honestly, I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry. In case you're wondering, this was what I was wearing:


...and of course I didn't take that seat lah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope.. None of the above.
The fashion nowadays resembles maternity wear. Seriously, think I will get the top for myself if I am still early in my 2nd trimester. Now that I am going into my 3rd trimester, I will restrict myself from getting that top. What bottom were you wearing? if you are wearing capris, that would have completed the maternity look. hehe...

JoYeow said...

It's a DRESS!

Anonymous said...

Wahahahahaaaaa

Anonymous said...

ohh... nice dress... have not been able to find nice dresses that can fit me. haha

Anonymous said...

Shan is right! Nowsadays most fashionable is maternity wear. But Baby K reckons that Auntie Jo looks fabulous in that red dress!

JoYeow said...

*LOL* Thanks, Raymond.

Anonymous said...

It does look like the first option woh... pai seh...