It should have been easy - free tickets to The Mist - yes 'cause it's free or sorry not my type, right? Ludicrously, I spent the entire morning trying to decide whether or not to watch it. I didn't think I was doing my dead brain cells any justice. What was I thinking?
The gloomy weather obviously didn't help much. With a mildly pounding head, I surprised even myself when I burst Mr I-study-in-an-institution-along-Bukit-Timah-Road's ego bubble, informing him that the only supposedly prestigious school in the little red dot is still, much to the dismay of others, the R family. That shut him up for a good 20 minutes. Honestly, I didn't want to be mean, but perhaps it's about time he should learn that his going to a "branded" school is nothing more than somebody else's recognition of the school name.
Of course, a teenager's angst never fails to channel into another outlet of retort for he soon told me I should see David Gan about my hair. Good point - one of these days when I do strike the lottery, I may as well surrender a good 200 dollars in a bid to become a head-turner. The rule of thumb in the aesthetics department - never underestimate the male opinion on how the female should look, age notwithstanding.
*LOL*
The drizzly weather didn't help very much. Somehow, it felt as though Orchard Road was infested with ten thousand screaming children. Not only were they running loose and bumping into people but not knowing how to apologise, they were sceaming the lungs out of themselves, literally! It was a good thing their parents didn't go,"...later auntie scold you..." because if they do, I'm pretty sure I will not hesitate to give them a piece of my mind today. Don't get me wrong, I love children, but at a frenzied 3 days before CNY, I think that children should be banned from shopping malls!
And what's with the last-minute shopping? I was thinking to myself, if somebody were to plant a bomb in Orchard Road today, the blast would probably have taken half of Singapore's population with it.
*Rant Rant*
Imagine a bus signage that didn't fail to make my empty stomach churn. It read: Kindly give your seat for somebody who needs it more than you. So, please don't blame me when I lament the demise of Standard English in Singapore all the time.
*Tsk Tsk*
What a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment