Monday, 28 July 2008

Cooked in 60 seconds!

The marvel of technology. I chanced upon an egg poacher at Kmart which will cook 2 eggs in 60 seconds on medium. And I remember mama insisting that I can't microwave anything eggy (the microwave will explode) or use the microwave to cook (nah, not that I want to) for the longest time. But I guess Starmaid has the last laugh.

But before that, there's the story of the bread and the eggs...

Bread. It's not supposed to be difficult but with the familiar Gardenia absent from the shelves, I found myself going through the whole selection process: which brand, which flavour - white, wholemeal, whole grain, multi-grain, raisin, etc etc, what kind/size - sandwich slices, burger buns, hotdog buns, round, square or oblong; there's just so many.

And then, there was the eggs. Free range? Caged? Organic? Grain-fed? White? Brown? Small? Medium? Large?

Sure my first egg doesn't look extremely appetising, but I know it'll get better over time. =P

1 comment:

mabel said...

hah... know what u mean; when i 1st got here, i spent at least 15min simply trying to decide what bread to buy. now? i wait til it's 2-3hrs before closing time to buy bread. they mark down the prices...