Sunday, 3 August 2008

All in a day's work

It's strange how sometimes when I do plan, it will always turn out otherwise. I remember the Sunday when I had earnestly made a lunch reservation earlier that week at The Marmalade Pantry only to find myself myself at Crystal Jade. No, I do love Crystal Jade but this episode probably epitomises the story of my life, somewhat.

And so, I thought it would be totally brilliant to spend my morning at the library, and probably spend the late afternoon at the park before ending the day in front of the telly watching double episodes of CSI Miami and CSI New York. Now, imagine my horror when I stood outside a dark and quiet library at half past nine and the only audible thing in the soulless campus was the classical music chiming from the clock tower at the quadrangle.

I had to turn back since there's no way I can keep myself occupied exploring the campus, even if I do fancy, for four and a half hours. And the only place that I suppose was opened at that time is probably only Coles where I could grab a loaf of bread and jam. And perhaps being fresh in the morning meant I could actually count the difference between a loaf of white and wholemeal, which is a whopping A$1.89! Of course I went for the cheaper one this week (hey, gotta be a smart consumer, right?). Without the pampering from my sis who would get the strawberry jam from Crabtree and Evelyn, I settled for something made in France. Honestly, who would have thought that grocery shopping takes more energy and brainpower than one would have imagined.

And I should be so happy to discover another road in Sydney - City Road - where James and KK picked me up on the way to lunch at Newtown. But it would seem absurd to be completely elated about it because City Road is simply at the adjacent of Broadway and Bay!

Sundays...they're supposed to be spent at the park, but here I am, at the library, downloading online journals which is part of my readings for next week; followed my gut instinct...phew...to check the web for the opening hours of The Co-Op Bookshop (It's not open on weekends!) at The Sports and Aquatic Centre (which happens to be quite a walk) before making a futile trip again!

PS: And no, cuckoo-ness is not part of my usual routine...I'm just overwhelmed by everything around me. =P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one hell of a strong girl! keep it up!