Sunday, 31 August 2008

Fleeting thoughts

I've come to realise that my thoughts have become rather fleeting these days; my mind is preoccupied readings and theories, deadlines and...more deadlines. No, I do notice the colourful flowers in Victoria Park, and realise that the main entrance to the main quadrangle has been blocked out for construction work, and wonder how everybody seems to be wearing lesser in a bid to welcome the impending Spring despite the cold.

Sure, I'm glad to have found a comfortable routine that I can adhere to for the next couple of months before school closes for the summer. But I also found myself wondering where all these is heading to. As a student, life revolves around classes, assignments, discussions, presentations and of course, school mates. Oh, I forgot, and coffee too. And after the manic (and probably panic too), I'll get a break before the manic cycle begins again next February. And after I get my due accreditation, I'll probably plunge into another routine that I'll have to get used to and adhere to for at least the next couple of years.

"It's a means to an end." Yea, I know that, but the question is, why should I be heading for an end? Here, the people have been told on telly to "Live Life", which probably explains why everything stops by 6pm except public transport and of course, the supermarket. Hmmm...live life. Am I missing something?

Then again, it's almost ludicrous to contemplate life when tens and thousands of people are fleeing for their lives in New Orleans.

No comments: