Saturday, 15 November 2008

Oh no!

On and off, some things happen which would throw me completely out of my comfort zone. Imagine my horror, and of course, the gnawing (heart) pain, when I saw this gaping hole after I took the wash out of the washing machine...

I wouldn't usually be bothered by a torn piece of clothing, well, not unless it happens to be my favourite. But this time, it's different. This happens to be the second layer of my beloved North Face windbreaker, not to mention it's also pretty new; it has only been through 2 winters.

So, I did an emergency stitch up (to stop myself from losing more feathers) before tumbling it dry. Meanwhile, my brain went into a manic swirl on how to un-ugly it inconspiciously, making a mental note that while sturdy metal zips are really durable, they sure pack in one hell of a punch too.

So, two hours on, and while I wait for the jacket to cool down before vacuum packing it with its twin, somehow I'm glad the damage was in the middle of the collar where an iron-on patch wouldn't look so weird.

*Sigh*

2 comments:

mabel said...

poor thing... i know i would be devastated...

Anonymous said...

aiyoh. poor thing.