Each year, as my birthday draws near, you'll never fail to ask the rhetorical question, "So, what do you want for your birthday?" And for the longest time, I reckon I drove you crazy with my "I want something money cannot buy" reply.
And it's true. Sure, I do covet material things; a girl can never have enough dresses, bags or shoes. But more importantly, I yearn for things no amount of money can get me: an hour of coffee with you, laughing together at the hilarious scene at the movies, standing side-by-side with you in the queue...
Of course, there are things I'll need and use, like a 400ml Nalgene bottle, or the mini fuschia Filofax I've been eyeing for the longest time, or the not-so-ostentatious-looking wristlet from a popular US boutique, or hairclips to keep my neither-here-nor-there fringe in place, or a year's supply of Rock Deli potato chips. And the list can go on, and on, and on.
But at the end of the day, what do I really want for my birthday? Still, I want something money cannot buy.
And it's true. Sure, I do covet material things; a girl can never have enough dresses, bags or shoes. But more importantly, I yearn for things no amount of money can get me: an hour of coffee with you, laughing together at the hilarious scene at the movies, standing side-by-side with you in the queue...
Of course, there are things I'll need and use, like a 400ml Nalgene bottle, or the mini fuschia Filofax I've been eyeing for the longest time, or the not-so-ostentatious-looking wristlet from a popular US boutique, or hairclips to keep my neither-here-nor-there fringe in place, or a year's supply of Rock Deli potato chips. And the list can go on, and on, and on.
But at the end of the day, what do I really want for my birthday? Still, I want something money cannot buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment