Saturday, 17 April 2010

Verbal Diarrhea?

I'd always found it amusing that there are people who are uncomfortable with silence.  And the result of that discomfort is that they'll try really hard to say something, anything.  And I reckon I can't really blame them, for different people have different ways of dealing with it.

Coincidentally, I found myself ruminating over Proverbs 17:27-28 just this morning: "A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even tempered.  Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

And it suddenly dawned on me that there's an exact equivalent to the lay person - verbal diarrhea.  Believe me, it's not at all difficult to find out how others define this term.  The Urban Dictionary defines verbal diarrhea as a "condition suffered by an individual who has the inability to shut the f*** up".  And this is just one of them; there are twelve.

At the end of the day, I couldn't help but marvel at the omnipotence of God, for coincidences are simply God's way of remaining anonymous.

No comments: